Music

If you have read the Blog description, you will know that I originally wanted to do music; so I thought I'd explain that a little bit!

For me, music is an important part of my life. I played the violin, and continued doing so until I started the PhD. Initial plan was to continue this professionally, but around the age of 18 it started to become apparent that this was not for me - hence I started my Biochemistry degree (as you do!!!).

As I write this, I am listening to "Everything You've Come To Expect", The Last Shadow Puppets' brand-new album!

Soo, here are some of my current favourites;


Favourite violin piece ; hmm, not sure I have a favourite...

Favourite violinist ; Maxim Vengerov. Loved seeing him play live!

Favourite piece to play ; Scherzo by Brahms, definitely!

Piece I wish I could play ; Tchaikovsky's Violin Concerto - particularly the first movement!


Favourite band ; Muse.

Favourite album ; hmm, a tough one! Don't think I have just one, lol! "Black Holes and Revelations" and "Drones" (Muse)... "AM" (Arctic Monkeys)... "Ceremonials" (Florence + The Machine)... then there is "Origin of Symmetry" (another Muse!), and "Metallica (black album)" (Metallica)...

Favourite song ; another tough one! Hmm... I really can't say!!! Or too many to list, lol!

Most memorable gig ; Ooh! There are two - Muse playing "Origin of Symmetry" whole (2011) and Metallica playing the Black Album whole (2012). Both amazing bands to see live!


Bad photo, but this was the first time I saw Muse live - when they played "Origin of Symmetry" !

Was quite far from the stage when I saw Metallica playing the Black Album!