"So, how is the PhD going? "

I'm about two-and-a-half years into my PhD. So what has been going on since the last post about the PhD?

Well, you might be surprised to know that it wasn't until the end of Sep. that I finished running that particular experiment I mentioned in that post. Yup, September! Like I said in that post, it was messy, and I had to find ways of making it cleaner, which meant that I had to change the procedure bit by bit, and also change how I prepared my samples from the bacterial culture. That took probably till the end of Aug.? and because the results were not showing any differences, I then prepared samples from cultures which had been grown for different amounts of time. Anyway, this section was finally finished back in Sep.!

So, what is going on now?

One difference this academic year is that our group has a new PhD student, which is great! We had three Undergraduate students and one MRes student last term, so the lab suddenly became really busy for a change! Also, the "office re-shuffle" has seen a new group join our office and lab, so definitely different to last year!

I am currently working on a different experiment; two new techniques, which is great. However, as it's research, it's not been going great... Well, I have worked at the previous experiment for ages, I can do that again - I hope, haha! And I suppose that is the life of a researcher...