Two Years On...

Well, if my memory is correct, I was discharged from hospital on this day two years ago; I was in for about 4 weeks. Wow! It has been a very up-and-down journey, I can telly you! But I'm glad that I have not been admitted to hospital since then, except the two times the line leaked - more on that here. The most recent one brought some memories back, being the same time of year as the initial admission...

Anyway, most importantly, I have been pretty much stable, although my latest test results said that my pulmonary artery pressure was up - eek! Luckily it has not affected my heart yet... I think that has really taught me that I need to take things easy; I probably got too enthusiastic, and over did it, haha!

Really, though, thinking back to two years ago, I didn't think I'd be at a stage where I can do most of what I want to do. I am able to do the lab work, and it's great that my health has been stable enough to put up with it! There have only been minor disruptions to the flow of my lab work, and OK I probably cannot work at the pace the others work at, but at least I don't feel like I have to stop or take an extended time off.







One of the things I didn't think I'd be able to do was to go on holiday - if you said to me two years ago that I'll be going on holiday to Dublin in less than two years time, I'd probably not have believed it! That was fantastic, and thanks to my friends for looking our for me when we were there!









But ultimately, I'm grateful that I'm still here, despite being annoyed at times about what I can't do! I'm still here, and not on the transplant list; I talked a bit about it here, and after this the doctor spoke to another doctor who said I was essentially too well! After all, life is precious and I'm thankful to the medical teams, family and friends that have got me this far. It's not been all plain sailing, and I'm sure this year will have challenges too, but really, all I hope for is to get better still.

Thank-you!!!!!!!