Reality check...

The clinic letter from my PH appointment came through today (see "About Me" for info. on Pulmonary Hypertension etc.). All in all, good - improvements, etc. etc. Some improvements still needed, however, as my pressure is still high, etc. etc. Not being medically trained, some stuff is impossible to understand!

But then, it starts talking about transplant assessment.

I understand that this is something everyone on IV treatment goes through, so nothing sinister there. But it scared me so much - it's a reminder that although I am currently stable, it can easily deteriorate and then the only option will be a transplant. The treatment can stop working, leading to transplant as the only option.

It's easy to forget things like this when you're able to do stuff without really struggling. Sometimes, you forget that you are ill. Then life will give you these "reality checks", and as scary as it is I suppose it is necessary to remember that I am ill, and I have to do what I can to ensure I get better, not worse. Maybe I needed that kick up the arse!

Anyway, thanks for reading!